[mythtv-users] debian multimedia screw-up

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Apr 19 23:12:01 UTC 2008

I've been building my own versions from source.  This time I tried to
install .debs from debian-multimedia.org

I am getting these errors, and I can't figure out how.  When I first
installed these, I got some messages that a part of the configuration
has to be done as a member of the group 'mythtv'.  Silly me, I figured I
could always find that in an FAQ somewhere.  No joy.  Now I have a
broken myth install, and I can't figure out how to fix it...  Anyone out
there using debian-multimedia?

dpkg: error processing mythtv-common (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mythtv-backend:
 mythtv-backend depends on mythtv-common (= 0.21-0.12); however:
  Package mythtv-common is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing mythtv-backend (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mythtv-database:
 mythtv-database depends on mythtv-common (= 0.21-0.12); however:
  Package mythtv-common is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing mythtv-database (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mythtv-frontend:
 mythtv-frontend depends on mythtv-common (= 0.21-0.12); however:
  Package mythtv-common is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing mythtv-frontend (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mythtv:
 mythtv depends on mythtv-backend (>= 0.21-0.12); however:
  Package mythtv-backend is not configured yet.
 mythtv depends on mythtv-database (>= 0.21-0.12); however:
  Package mythtv-database is not configured yet.
 mythtv depends on mythtv-frontend (>= 0.21-0.12); however:
  Package mythtv-frontend is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing mythtv (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mythtv-themes:
 mythtv-themes depends on mythtv-frontend (>= 0.17-1); however:
  Package mythtv-frontend is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing mythtv-themes (--configure):
 mythtv-common
 mythtv-backend
 mythtv-database
 mythtv-frontend
 mythtv
 mythtv-themes

  o__
Yan Seiner      (_)\(_)       ,>/'_     o__
Certified Personal Trainer   (_)\(_)    ,>/'_        o__
Licensed Professional Engineer         (_)\(_)       ,>/'_
Who says engineers have to be pencil necked geeks?  (_)\(_)

Help out my kids' school: http://www.seiner.com/blog/Travels/