[mythtv-users] ATSC/NTSC card under 0.21

Jesse Burt genecide at comcast.net
Wed Apr 16 17:57:14 UTC 2008

Timothy E. Krantz wrote:
> I have a pinnacle 800i card that has both and NTSC and an ATSC tuning
> capability in it.
>
> I have defined it to mythtv as both a DVB card and as a V4l card.  Either
> one alone works fine.
>
> But if I define it as both and then add them both to the same input group I
> get nothing but static when I try to use the NTSC tuning.
>
> Under 0.20 it showed up as a single card and I could channel up from NTSC
> stations to ATSC stations. now it actually shows up as 2 cards (for example
> in mythweb status) one having nothing but NTSC stations and the other having
> only ATSC but like I say the NTSC shows nothing but static.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Tim

Tim,
I as well as a few others on the list have had this problem with the
pcHDTV cards which also have the dual mode in one tuner setup. In
addition to setting them up as separate cards you have to check the
option "Open DVB card on demand" in the card setup. On that same screen
there's something about EIT which should be unchecked, else it
completely negates opening the card on demand. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jesse Burt