[mythtv-users] Motorola DCH-3200 and Ubuntu

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 14:24:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Marc Barrett <mnealbarrett at cox.net> wrote:
> Someone recently posted something about having a
>  Motorola DCH-3200 and being able to get it to work with
>  Ubuntu 8.04.  I tried it with Ubuntu 7, and could not get
>  it to work.  Could you post step-by-step instructions,
>  including the modified prime-firewire script that I think
>  you mentioned was needed?
>  I am not a linux or mythtv newbie, but I am a firewire
>  newbie, and am getting a bit frustrated.  I am beginning
>  to think that maybe the FW ports on this 3200 box are
>  just turned off, contrary to what the FCC says.  I even
>  tried Windows, with the stb_firewire_drivers_2007-12-17
>  package, and nothing works.  The drivers install fine,
>  but any application I try can't find anything connected.

in general, the distribution won't change whether the firewire works
or not, the kernel build will. (except in the FC world, but I refuse
to believe FC exists...). That said, if it also doesn't work in
Windows then I'm going to go with the "Your firewire ports are
disabled" answer.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -