[mythtv-users] Plextor Convertx CPU Usage

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Apr 7 20:11:12 UTC 2008

>Too bad.
>But truthfully it irritates me when vendors think they can sell
>something by slapping a pretty girl on the box. The nVidia boxes and
>cards with the scantily clad siren is a good (or bad?) example. It
>really is an insult to the buyer's intelligence, but I suspect it may
>actually work.

Beww, how is the performance of your plextor?

Here is my main issue: I have 2 pvr-500's in my mythbox, but I have these
annoying vertical lines that show up over every recording, even when the
source is my cable box svideo input. I don't think it's specifically the
cards, but something else internally, because when I uplug my system fax,
the lines lessen, but are still there. So I was thinking of getting
something USB to try to fix the issue. I'd probably get a couple of these
convertx's if they are good replacements for my pvr-500's.

What do you think? If I had 2-3 of these guys going, would the pcm audio
converting (that I heard your system has to do) take much cpu up? Do you
ever have audio out of sync issues, or any other issues with it for that