[mythtv-users] Failure in Grabber - Radio Times...

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 18:23:11 UTC 2008

On 01/04/2008, Mike Holden <mythtv at mikeholden.org> wrote:

>  A simple hack to the /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt file fixed it for me,
>  involving commenting out the "die" line and adding a "next" instead, at
>  around the line number mentioned. I'm at work and the fix is at home, so
>  can't give exact details here!
>
>  Seems like the RT channels file has been a bit ropey recently; I had
>  problems with a file with no channels in it not too long ago. I was new to
>  it all at the time and assumed for too long that it was a problem in my
>  setup!

A fix is already in CVS, along with several others to stop the grabber
exiting early if some non-mandatory data is unavailable. If you're not
run CVS, they'll be in the 0.5.52 release.

If you have run the current/previous release of the grabber
successfully, the grabber should also now handle an empty channels.dat
file gracefully by reverting to a good cached copy from the previous
successful run until a good channels.dat is available.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/