No subject

Thu Sep 20 15:16:44 UTC 2007

reported to be Realtek ID 861, and in the playback section there are
only two sliders, master and pcm.  Master's slider is only big enough
to surround the "00" (in green background) which can be toggled to
"MM" (in black background) when muted.  It has no data between the
label at the bottom and the "slider" box.  The PCM slider can be
operated from 100 to 0 for the volume displayed in the space between
the label at the bottom and the "slider" box, which changes slider
height as the volume is changed.  It does not respond to muting
controls, however.

I see a variety of information in /proc/asound, but nothing seems
significant to me, except that the first few lines of
/proc/asound/NVidia/codec#0 are:
Codec: Realtek ID 861
Address: 0
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0861
Subsystem Id: 0x1043c601
Revision Id: 0x1003c0
Default PCM:
    rates [0x140]: 48000 96000
    bits [0xe]: 16 20 24
    formats [0x1]: PCM
Default Amp-In caps: N/A
Default Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1

and somehow, Realtek isn't what I would expect with an NVidia chipset
based audio device.

HTH.

Craig.