[mythtv-users] Ettiquette for this list when responding to messages

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Fri Sep 28 18:20:47 UTC 2007

peter abplanalp wrote:
> ----- "James Pifer" <jep at obrien-pifer.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 11:13 -0600, Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:
>>
>>> Am i supposed to reply to both? Most people here seem to do that.
>>>
>> Quick inspection leads me to believe it is something with your mail
>> client
>>

> i second this.  when i reply to james' email, i get only his
> address in the to field but when i reply to bearcat's earlier
> message, i get both the list and his email in the to field.  i'm
> not sure about the list ettiquette but i prefer responses to
> go to the list.
>
> -peter

I brought this up on atrpms-users once. For some reason on every list
I'm on, except ATrpms, I can just hit Thunderbird's "Reply" and it
always goes to the list address. But when responding to an ATrpm message
"Reply" goes to the sender. I think it has to do with the way the list
is setup. One user on that list suggested that I just always use "Reply
All" for any list, sure the sender gets an extra copy, but you know the
list will get a copy as well.

Mike