[mythtv-users] Once again - faster than I predicted, but "spot on" nonetheless

Joe Borne joe.borne at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:18:47 UTC 2007

Months ago i predicted the RIAA lawsuit frenzy would explode in their faces,
ending in class action lawsuits against them. Since then the events I
predicted have unfolded pretty closely to what I envisioned, but far FAR
more rapidly than I predicted. Looks like the end game is here according to
Slashdot:

"*The Motley Fool business site says that the RIAA's litigation campaign is
in the end game. Monday it reported that 'the music industry's lawsuit
crusade against defenseless college students and housewives appears to have
hit the skids<http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2007/09/24/riaas-day-in-court-nearly-over.aspx>,'
predicting that the RIAA's tactics are 'all about to change.' Today the Fool
confirms that 'the change is happening in Internet
time<http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2007/09/27/quick-take-riaa-changes-gears-just-before-hitting-.aspx>,
which is somewhere between "instantly" and "yesterday,"' noting that the
RIAA's abandonment of its 'making available' theory shows that the end is
near. And this is before the RIAA faces its first jury
trial<http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070927183305791>,
set to begin Oct. 2 in Duluth."*

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/09/28/1336232.shtml

I think the accelerated timeline on which this occurred indicates something
incredibly powerful. I think this shows that we have reached the tipping
point in the war between the free dissemination of information/consumer
rights against the leverage of corporations and associations. The former now
has more power than the latter.