[mythtv-users] Sync to VBlank & non 60hz framerate

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 05:35:14 UTC 2007

I had thought perhaps your modeline wasn't 59.94 (or myth didn't think
it was), or the video's rate was misidentified, but it looks like it's
correct, and your log looks exactly the same as mine.  Its possible
the problem is a bit more subtle than that.

Your modeline looks a tiny bit off, how did you obtain it?
These are the numbers for the standard 1080i modeline:
74.176 1920 1960 2016 2200 1080 1082 1088 1125
I do know that when hacking a modeline, you should increment or
decrement the numbers by a multiple of 8, so your 1084 and 1094
probably aren't right.  In my personal experience, moving the number
by less than 8 just meant that nothing changed in the picture, but I
wasn't using DVI or exact timings, so I don't know what effect that
would have.  Considering how tiny the changes in yours are, it seems
like you would be best sticking to the standard modeline above.

In that vein, have you tried the built in nvidia modelines, like so:
Modes      "1920x1080_60i"

These are supposed to give correct 1080i output over DVI as well.

Alex