[mythtv-users] Upcoming MythTV talks in Columbus, OH and Pittsburgh, PA

Patrick Wagstrom patrick at wagstrom.net
Fri Sep 28 02:28:53 UTC 2007

For folks in Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, and West Virginia I just wanted
to provide a heads up for a couple of MythTV talks coming up.

First, this Saturday at Ohio LinuxFest in Columbus, Ohio will feature
two sessions about MythTV, lead by Jeff Price of Novell.  Both talks
will be on the Open Source Solutions Stage.  From 12:15pm-1pm he will
provide a demo of MythTV, and later from 4:50-5:50pm he'll run a how to
for MythTV.  Ohio LinuxFest is an annual conference with more than 1000
Linux enthusiasts.  It's free to attend, but you should register at
http://www.ohiolinux.org/

Secondly, on October 20th, I'll be giving a talk on MythTV at the
Western Pennsylvania Linux Users Group meeting on the campus of Carnegie
Mellon University in Pittsburgh.  I'll cover standard and high
definition boxes, what you need to know when starting, and some of the
more advanced and fun new stuff.  I'll also address more specific issues
with dealing with OTA signals and Comcast in Pittsburgh.  More
information about that meeting and talk can be found at:

http://www.wplug.org/meetings/one-meeting?wp_meeting_id=3309

Anyway, if you're around either of those events, feel free to stop by,
share a little, and maybe learn a little.

Thanks!

--Patrick