[mythtv-users] Troubleshooting failing DVD rips

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 16:23:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

    I'm having some troubles recently with ripping DVDs, that I had
previously experienced.  I do know that some DVD simply won't
transcode due to invalid bits thrown in for copy protection... that's
fine.  However, I'm having problems importing almost all DVDs now, old
or new... so I don't think that's the problem.

It doesn't matter if I'm transcoding or importing it as an iso, it
will just simply stop halfway through the import.  Now it's happening
more often than actually getting a succesful rip.  I will get the same
results with homemade DVD movies as well, so I know those don't have
copy protection on them.  I just kind of want to figure out what's
going on here.

Is there a way for me to troubleshoot this?  Certain verbosity, logs, etc?

Thanks!
Matt