[mythtv-users] SD programid too long?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Sep 27 13:55:29 UTC 2007

> The other approach is to upgrade the DB as above, then do a spring
> cleaning of the upgraded DB.  (In short, backup upgraded DB, drop DB,
> execute mc.sql, run mythtv-setup, exit mythtv-setup, do partial import,
> run mythtv-setup and configure, run mythbackend, run mythfrontend and
> configure.)

 	Now that you mention this, I remember doing this once awhile back
on a previous upgrade.

> I'd use the first approach if I was concerned about the
> quality/correctness of the old DB/data.  I'd use the second approach if
> I'm relatively certain that the old DB/data is correct (i.e. everything
> works on the old version) and just want to remove "deprecated" settings
> values, etc, because of an O.C. desire for DB "cleanliness".
>
> Note that you /can/ do both--start with the first approach to get a
> new-version DB, then do a spring-cleaning of the new-version DB.  This
> would be useful for those who don't trust their old-version DB/data
> /and/ who are O.C.

 	:P~~

> I should probably write up both of these procedures in detail for Robert
> as it seems that a /lot/ of people think that they can do 23.7 across DB
> versions...
>
> Mike

 	Thanks for the help... It got me up and running again.  Now to
wait until all the shows I *wanted* to watch that got bumped off the end
of the list get re-aired.  Whoda thunk that I'd run out of disk space so
fast with 20-30 bogus recordings a day.... :)

-Cory