[mythtv-users] "get the sources and fix it yourself"

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 27 08:18:59 UTC 2007

On 09/26/2007 04:33 PM, Victor Perez wrote:
> On 9/25/07, Doug Young <goofdad at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> And Victor, I think you read to much into Mike's reply.

I don't know.  Mike is generally a mean guy.

>>   He was trying his
>> best to answer your question simply and to the point.
>> --
>> Doug
>>
>> gossamer link for Victor's original thread:
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/287489

And link to Mike's arrogant/useless/destructive to the MythTV community
"get the sources and fix it yourself" reply:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/287570#287570

I just know that smiley is faked, too.

> I didn't mean to make a big deal out of it nor did it find it rude. Now
> (IMHO) it would've been better if somebody said "fix on the way".

I would have said this if, in fact, a fix were on the way.  At the point
when you posted the question, there was no patch available.  The link
that I posted (which, likely, you and Bearcat both failed to
see/ignored/couldn't be bothered to go to the trouble of clicking
because it would have been less work for /you/ had I gone to the trouble
of copying/pasting the other message's text into the new
reply/whatever***) explained that it was a known problem.  While I
failed to promise a fix was on the way, I assumed that stating that the
devs knew about the issue would imply it will be fixed "soon".  Though I
could have promised a fix, I won't do so unless I am actually planning
on creating one myself, and I knew I wouldn't likely have a chance to
even look at the issue before it was fixed.

***I'm joking about the ignoring/laziness comments.  I really think you
just failed to see the link because it was an inline comment that
wouldn't necessarily stand out as being separate from the quoted text
from your message, depending on the client you're using to read the
messages.

Mike