[mythtv-users] Can't Record Two HD Streams on HDHomerun - Solved

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Sep 27 04:00:33 UTC 2007

Kirk Bocek wrote:
> I have an IP security camera attached that has some constant bandwidth
> consumption. That might be it.
>
> Thanks Jonathan, Alex, and Billy too. There's an unused gigabit port on the
> server I can use to remove both switches from the equation.
>
> The HDHomerun just uses layer-2 traffic, right? I wonder if I need an IP
> address on the unused ethernet port?
>
> Kirk Bocek

Connecting the HDHomerun to the gigabit switch fixed the problem. I'm guessing
that the problem is with the constantly transmitting security camera attached
to the 10/100 switch. Although everything I've read says that 10/100 ethernet
is fast enough for an HDHomerun, it's clear that the additional traffic from
the camera was enough to overwhelm the 10/100 switch.

Thank you all for your suggestions and help.

Kirk Bocek