[mythtv-users] 'service mythbackend start' fails on slave backend

Andrew Robinson awrobinson-ml at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 26 23:56:26 UTC 2007

I am trying to setup a slave backend and I have narrowed my problem down
to this. When I start mythbackend from a command line like
'/etc/init.d/mythbackend start', mythbackend starts up and connects to
the database just fine. However, when I use the 'service' command, ie,
'service mythbackend start', mythbackend fails to connect to the
database on the master backend. Apparently when I use the 'service'
command, I do not get the environment required. I will keep on trying to
track this down. While I do, has anyone else encountered this and
figured out a solution? I am running Fedora 7 on the slave backend.

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson