[mythtv-users] On the verge of giving up

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Wed Sep 26 23:09:44 UTC 2007

> That's what they say. My backend/frontend combo does it all the time,
> though. Perhaps it is the menu action, perhaps it's OTA EPG updates
> from the DVB channels -- in any event it's a major drag. I would have

 Actually that would cause BFSQ to happen more often. Since it's
constantly updating the program info and those updates need to be considered
for scheduling purposes. I don't know off hand how often
it triggers scheduling updates though. If it's more than every few minutes
then I'd say something is wrong . It certainly should not occur every few
seconds.

> "ancient" in this case would be the svn-from-three-months-ago, ie
> about 10x younger than the latest actual release. Sorry, cheap shot,
> but I couldn't resist.

 How is that a cheap shot? Maybe my sarcasm meter is still broken :)

> >  What are you running on?  Using the QT or OpenGL Painter?\
>
> Athlon XP 2600, GeForce FX 5200. QT/OpenGL makes no difference to this problem.

 If something is constantly triggering the BFSQ every few seconds
 you would certainly have some issues. You should gather some logs from
the backend showing EIT updates and howoften the BFSQ is launching and
submit it to trac.