[mythtv-users] Fwd: Scheduling Conflicts?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Sep 26 19:46:16 UTC 2007

On Sep 26, 2007, at 12:25 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:

> David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> says:
>> I started having this problem as well, when I went from analog-only
>> cable (~100 channels) to digital cable (a few hundred channels.)  I
>> also upgraded to 20.2 at the same time, so I'm not sure which is the
>> real culprit.  Actually, I mostly just get a blank page when I do a
>> long search like that.  The canned "Movies" search doesn't work
>> anymore, either -- I just get a blank page.
>
> <URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/267138#267138>

Thanks.  Increasing the PHP memory limit as described there fixed
it.  Well, it's still extremely slow, but it does eventually
complete.  I largely blame my hardware for the slow speed, though.
Currently my master backend has 256M of RAM and has the video files
and MySQL databases on the same disk, which I understand is a no-no.
Myth's system requirements have grown and my setup hasn't really kept
up.

One remaining oddity -- moves on channels available on both of my
lineups show up *twice* if I use the default canned search.  If I
sort by title, the duplicates go away.

I wonder if there's a sane way to paginate these lists.  That might
improve the speed, and would also make things easier on the web
browser.  Most browsers really don't seem to like large tables.