[mythtv-users] Can't Record Two HD Streams on HDHomerun

Taco Mel taco_mel at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 17:15:39 UTC 2007

You mentioned the 3ware controller, which I also have.
I assume that you have already checked to make sure
you aren't running a degraded RAID-5 array, for
example, which would make your system dirt slow...

It turned out that my 3ware setup was a cause of some
poor performance I had a while back.  Try measuring
your throughput, something like this:

cd /storage  (somewhere on the 3ware array)
dd if=/dev/zero of=foobar bs=1024 count=1000000
dd if=foobar of=/dev/null

See if your write (first dd) and read (second dd) look
reasonable.  If not, you probably need to enable the
"write cache" which you can do via the web management
interface or probably the command line too.  When I
did this my performance increased from an average of 5
MB/s to over 80 MB/s.  I contacted 3ware support and
they said that this is normal.