[mythtv-users] XvMC Screen Size with xvmc-opengl

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 15:17:01 UTC 2007

I know this has been covered before:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/277079#277079

However, I did want to find out if there was a way to force the OpenGL
renderer to draw at a static resolution instead of just the resolution
of the source video?  When I use the xvmc-opengl renderer on SD
content, I get this in the log:

2007-09-25 20:47:11.637 XvMCTex: Init
2007-09-25 20:47:11.686 XvMCTex: InitXvMCGL: video_size: 480x480
vis_size: 480x480

When mythfrontend is in 1024x768 this results in a 480x480 square of
video in the top left hand corner of my screen (which renders
beautifully, by  the way).

If I tell Myth to switch resolutions (to say 640x480) for playback, I
get a partial full-screen of video (i.e. still missing the last
160x480 pixels on the right hand side of the screen).  I can't seem to
force my video card to output at 480x480, probably because it isn't a
standard resolution for displays.

Is there anything that can be done at this point?  If not, that's
fine... the standard renderer works great for my uses... just curious
is all. :)

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com