[mythtv-users] SD programid too long?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Wed Sep 26 12:03:54 UTC 2007

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Anduin Withers wrote:

>>  	My update procedure was to
>> - Initialize new database
>
> The setting is MythFillFixProgramIDsHasRunOnce it was set to 1 when you
> "Initialize[ed] new database" (part of updating the schema). The automatic
> conversion happened then, the data you imported was in the old form and was
> imported after the automatic update happened.
>
> You can delete that setting or set it to 0 and the conversion will happen
> again.
>
> An upgrade should involve a DB backup, but starting with a new DB and
> importing old data is asking for more manual work.

 	Is there a way to force this to be done again on the old data?
I'm rather database ignorant, so I'm not sure how to do it.

 	I almost never perform an "upgrade" to a new mythv without
performing a clean install of the entire OS.  Too many things can go wrong
and I don't want to be stuck without the mythbox, so I bring up a second
machine in parallel.  To flush out residual crud and zero all settings, I
generally like to start with a fresh database on the new version and
import only what I need.  I guess that doesn't work in this case?

-Cory