[mythtv-users] mythlcdserver isn't starting up anymore

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 22:37:52 UTC 2007

On 9/24/07, Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/24/07, Dan Wilga <mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:
> > At 12:15 PM -0400 9/24/07, Matt wrote:
> > >I just updated to current svn (to r14526 from ~r14460) and now
> > >mythlcdserver isn't starting up when I run mythfrontend.  Any ideas
> > >why that would be?
> >
> > Perhaps you have a phantom process hanging around? Try:
> >
> >   pidof mythlcdserver
> >
> > Does it report more than one number?
>

> Nope... doesn't report anything.  Very strange, no problems until I
> recently upgraded.  The only other thing I changed was add an init
> script to start mythbackend for me on startup as a slave backend.
>
> Thanks!
> Matt

DOH!  OK, this had to do with the new autodiscovery code in the
backend.  I hadn't fully configured it yet and hadn't entered a pin.
Even though "mythfrontend" appeared to be running (was remoted in via
ssh), I didn't know the new autodiscovery screen was waiting for me to
select the backend and enter a pin.  Once I configured that,
mythfrontend continued loading and of course mythlcdserver started up
as normal then.

Thanks!
Matt