[mythtv-users] "get the sources and fix it yourself"

Bearcat M. Sandor HomeTheater at feline-soul.com
Tue Sep 25 21:48:18 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 25 September 2007 in an email titled "Re: [mythtv-users] All
Reruns?" Victor Perez wrote:
>It seems there is a bug in mythfilldatabase if you have multiple lineups
>with the same channels on them it will flag them as reruns. Not sure they
>fixed it already but when I reported it a few weeks ago somebody replied:
>"get the sources and fix it yourself" :-s
To which my usual thought is something along the lines of "sod off".

 This kind of response assumes that the person that reported the bug is
capable of fixing it.  It also chases away users and discourages the
reporting of bugs.

I don't understand why this kind of response is tolerated in some OSS
communities.

Bearcat M. Sandor
Bearcat at feline-soul.net
Jabber: bearcat at feline-soul.net