[mythtv-users] Coax splitters - how painful are they?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 21:25:20 UTC 2007

On 9/25/07, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 09:56:04AM -0400, Tom Dexter wrote:
> > For OTA would he possibly be better off using a mast mounted amp
>
> Does there remain no way to get a signal-strength reading out of the
> tuner cards?
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

For my HD-5500 cards I use the command line program dtvsignal that
came with the cards (source code).  Using it requires stopping the
backend though.  You also need to know the actual UHF channel number
of the ATSC stations you want to test.  It's a pain, but it does in
fact work very well.

I'd love to have a way to see that during livetv on the frontend.

Tom