[mythtv-users] OT: Cable Modems...

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 20:58:55 UTC 2007

On 9/25/07, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:
> i'm actually going to get cable service :D
> and in the process i'm switching my Internet provider as well.  i have
> a cable modem that is ~3 years old; works fine, i have had relatively
> few issues with it.  is there any point in upgrading to a more recent
> cable modem?

I'm no cable modem expert, but I wouldn't think there would really be
a need to change out modems.  I don't even think I would call it an
'upgrade' actually, because a cable modem is just a terminating device
and should have a problem keeping up with modern cable speeds.  I
could be wrong, and someone please correct me if I'm off base.

However, see what your new provider will give you.  Some times you
might score a WiFi access point and/or a small switch.  And if it's
free ....

--
Regards,
Bill Omer