[mythtv-users] Check for active Recordings or Jobs?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Sep 25 20:00:41 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Sep 25, 2007, at 10:44 AM, James Pifer wrote:
>

>> I use mythrename.pl and I have it modified for my purposes. It's all
>> well and good, but I'd like to run it more often. Right now I run
>> it at
>> 1AM. I'd really like to run it after each recording or maybe every
>> hour,
>> but only if no user jobs are running and no recordings are active.
>>
>> Is there way to check for active recordings and jobs?
>>

> mythshutdown -c
>
> Honestly, it's never returned any data for me ever, but some people
> say it works. :)

By default mythshutdown doesn't output anything other than returning a
status code that's because it is designed to be called often by
mythwelcome and mythbackend and you don't want your logs to fill up with
useless messages.

Try 'mythshutdown -c -v general' or 'mythshutdown -c -v general,important'

Paul H.