[mythtv-users] Check for active Recordings or Jobs?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Sep 25 19:32:58 UTC 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 12:20 PM, James Pifer wrote:

> I have some fear with doing this if other stuff is running. For
> example,
> I ran mythrename.pl last week while two recordings were active and I
> ended up with 0 byte files. Maybe it was a fluke and something else
> caused it, but I don't know. Either way, that's why I want to make
> sure
> that nothing is happening when it runs.
>
> I also have a User Job for transcoding to divx/avi using mencoder.
> Running mythrename.pl while one of those jobs is going would hose
> it as
> well I think.

Ah.. you should be using the --link option. I always assume people
are doing that for some reason. That leaves all your recordings in
tact and just creates symlinks with pretty names in another
directory. I'm not sure why you're trying to rename all your
recordings on disk, but symlinks should work just as well for your
needs.