[mythtv-users] My recording didn't happen, and I don't know why...

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 15:49:46 UTC 2007

OK...I followed Bruce's suggestions to find all Fall Premiere's
(Thanks, Bruce!).  I usually do my scheduling from MythWeb rather than
at the front end, because if I'm sitting at my FE, it's usually
because I want to watch something.  Sure enough, after going to the
front end and setting up the schedule as Bruce suggested, all the
premieres showed up as "Deactivited" in MythWeb.  I then sorted
through them, read reviews, etc, and clicked on the "Activate" button
on the ones I wanted to see.  They came up highlighted in green
(bolder than normally scheduled recordings) and were labeled "Forced"
under the Status column.

But they didn't record!  No, my tuners were not busy.  Heck, only one
of my frontends was busy, and that was watching a movie through
MythVideo.

I caught it after missing Chuck and Big Bang Theory (Chuck is
scheduled to rerun, and if the reviews are right, I didn't miss much
with Big Bang Theory anyway) and went through the shows and manually
scheduled the rest to record on "any time, any channel", but my big
question is why didn't my Forced recordings work?

Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions on what to look for...
--
Doug

Bruce's Fall Premiere post:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/289674?search_string=premiere;#289674