[mythtv-users] LiveTV/Playback aspect ratios broken

James Fidell james at fidell.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 13:13:37 UTC 2007

In the process of upgrading one of my front ends to 0.20.2, I've done
something to break playback of recordings and LiveTV

Recordings with a 4:3 aspect ratio still play back ok on my 4:3 display,
but widescreen recordings seem to play back in a "letterbox" (as I'd
expect), but without scaling the picture to fit, so the image appears as
a 4:3 image with the bottom cropped off with black bars at the top and
bottom of the display.  LiveTV is the same.  OSD text, editing data etc.
also appears to be arranged to fit a 4:3 display so the data displayed
at the bottom off the screen is cropped off when watching a widescreen
show.

Another front end, also 0.20.2, works fine.  Aspect ratio override is
off in both cases.  Any idea what I might have broken?

James