[mythtv-users] Dual HDTV Tuner for Australia

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Sep 25 05:17:12 UTC 2007

This one time, at band camp, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> All you people who are running 2 and 3 tuners what tuners are you actually
> running?
> I bought a Dvico DVB-T Plus so I could capture analog video via the
> Composite input which seems to have Driver issues as no audio is captured
> and testing under windows shows less then desired results (ie. out of sync
> audio) still haven't had a chance to try in myth using my sound cards
> input, wishing I got the Dvico Dual now :(

Yeah I bought one of those, thinking that I'd record (analogue-only) TV
Sydney on it.  Never did get it going, and nothing in the TVS schedule
has forced me to put in the effort.

I've also got a Freecom DVB-t USB stick and another PCI card thingy
which identifies as pretty much the same as the Dvico -- can't remember
what it was branded.

03:09.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7134/SAA7135HL
Video Broadcast Decoder (rev 01)
04:09.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7133/SAA7135
Video Broadcast Decoder (rev d0)

Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>

The Tourist Engineer
Geeks need vacations too.

"My fellow fish monsters, far be it for me to question your stupid
 civilization or its dumb customs, but is squeezing each other's
 brains out with a giant nutcracker really going to solve anything?"
- Philip J Fry, Futurama S2E5