[mythtv-users] Need to clean up database (large numbers of missing files)

Chris coderight at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 01:40:18 UTC 2007

I have searched but have not been able to find an acceptable answer to
this.   I lost a drive and have a bunch of those recordings still in
the database.  I need something that can go through the database and
check for missing recordings and delete the entry from the database
with essentially the "record again" option.

I absolutely can not delete these manually through the normal user
interface.  MythTV is ridiculously slow at deleting stuff.  20-30
seconds or more per deletion and I have hundreds of entries to remove.
 This slowness in deleting is not due to the OS deleting the file from
the disk (XFS is very quick), it has something to due with MythTV when
you have lots of recordings (probably that crazy recording markup
table because it has tens of millions of entries).  MythTV needs some
serious work here and it's been like this for years.  MythWeb view
recordings is also unusable when you have lots of recordings.  But I
digress, this is topic for another thread...

Any ideas on how to get rid of all the missing recordings?