[mythtv-users] OT Question About OTA Antennas

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 00:56:07 UTC 2007

So here's the deal.  I took the amp (with adjustable gain) out of the
picture.  I connected  Tuner0 of the HDHR directly to the antenna.  Of
course it used RG-59.  I ran the channel scan on the backend with the
mythbacked off.  It didn't detect any new stations.  It actually lost one.
So it looks like I'm SOL.  I connected the amp back up and I'm getting the
channel that I lost.  However, I'm having a guide problem now.  I have
created a new email regarding that issue.  Antennaweb.org shows that I can
only get FOX in digital.  It just figures that this station is pushing out 1
MegaWatt and I can't get anything else.  Antennaweb doesn't say anything
about the "church channel" that I get.  I was hoping that they didn't know
"everything."  Oh well.  Should I try a different amp?  ChannelMaster i hear
is good.  Thanks!

Jim