[mythtv-users] nuvexport is not honoring my cutlist --help

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Sep 24 21:34:46 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Mike LaPlante
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 2:06 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] nuvexport is not honoring my cutlist --help

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
> Hello, I'm using nuvexport to export my recordings.
> For some shows the commercial flagger doesn't do a good job, so i
> manually go in and fix it. I know the changes i make are saved (cause
> life is good after i fix the commercial breaks). So this weekend i
> decided to export to xvid a few of the recordings, only to find out
> that not only did nuvexport ignore my cutlist and use the original
> commercial cutlist, but when i go back and play the original
> recordings, my cutlist work is gone, so i have to redo it.
>
> What is going on here? How do i fix it? The nuvexport page in the myth
> wiki strongly suggests to create a cutlist..and that's exactly what
> i'm doing.
>
> -Thanks
> -Steve

When I run nuvexport it asks me if I would like to honor the cutlist and
I answer 'yes'. If you're not running through the step by step wizard
then edit the /etc/nuvexportrc or ~/.nuvexportrc and set the
honor_cutlist option.

Mike

OK, in my nuvexportrc file, there is "use_cutlist = yes" and "gencutlist =
yes" as well as "mythtranscode_cutlist = yes"

When I run nuvexport there is an "enable myth cutlist" option, and by
default it says yes.

Just to make sure we're on the same line here, I never have a problem
getting rid of the commercials when the comm flagger runs on a recording,
it's just when I create the cutlist manually. Problem is that the comm
flagger isn't perfect. I've exported hundreds of recordings without a
problem, only lately have I begun exporting Seinfeld recordings where I have
to fix the comm flagging mistakes.

I don't see where there is an honorcutlist option. Please advise

-Thanks
-Steve