[mythtv-users] Using Xine to play WMV files

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 21:34:14 UTC 2007

On 9/24/07, Wim Fokkens <wimfokkens at planet.nl> wrote:

> So I tried Xine but it said it dit not not find the WMV and WMA codecs.
>
> I can play the files with mplayer so the win32 codecs are properly
> installed.
>
> I like to know the path were mplayer installs its win32 codec's so I can set
> the right path in xine.

I think the default path for Win32 codecs is /usr{/local}/lib/codecs.

You can find out for sure by searching for any *wmv*.dll files on your
system.  Something like:

# locate wmv

or

# find / -iname \*wmv\*.dll 2>/dev/null

That should give you an idea as to where they are stored on your system.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com