[mythtv-users] OT Question About OTA Antennas

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 15:30:40 UTC 2007

On 9/24/07, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> Try it without an amp. It amplifies noise as well as signal you want.
> I've never had better reception with one.

Brad,

Earlier last week, the antenna was plugged into the amp and the HDHR was
also plugged in.  However, the amp wasn't on (ie, it had no power to it).  I
gather that this is the same thing as removing the amp from the equation.
If not, I can try directly plugging into the antenna.  What do you think?

Jim