[mythtv-users] Missing hdtv channels (was: hdhomerun scan versus ATSC channel 76)

Adam Felson a.f.8 at pobox.com
Mon Sep 24 14:15:41 UTC 2007

> On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 09:01:31 -0700 From: Adam Felson <a.f.8 dot pobox.com>:
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org

Last time I scanned, channel 76 came back with 6 channels, none of which could
be tuned.  Every other time in the last week there had been no indication
that there even was a channel 76.   As far as not being able to tune them:
the dtv_multiplex channel turns out to be an hdtv enhanced version of the
frequency table and the channel table rows for 76 were pointing to the wrong
dtv_multiplex.  I corrected that and was able to tune the two of them that
corresponded to actual stations.  Deleted the rest.

Went through all my digital cable channels and discovered two other missing
hidef channels on a different multiplex.  They were found when I started a
week ago.  Why they've fallen off the earth since then, I don't know why.
Put in two rows into channel for them and now I've got them too.

I'll probably have to review all of my digital cable stations.  I was only
paying real attention to the hidef ones, but I'm sure others are missing.