[mythtv-users] M2NPV-VM (Surround) Sound not working

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 11:54:11 UTC 2007

> Two questions:
> 1. How are you connecting out?  I have built my own digial RCA out
> plug and attached it to the motherboard header (you just attach ground
> to the outside, signal to the center).  Did you buy a bracket?  If so
> which one?

No, I am using a sound card which ist on the motherboard. No
additional brackets or something else. It has only 3jacks, but it is
able to give sourround (5.1)

> 2. What distro are you running?

Slackware 12.0

> 3. What "kind" of sound is the source?  Digital/nondigital/etc?

nondigital ... recorded shows (with pvr500), mp3 music etc ...

> I'm running ubuntu 7.04 with kernel:
> bbqninja at grimlock:~$ uname -a
> Linux grimlock 2.6.20-16-generic #2 SMP Thu Aug 30 23:16:15 UTC 2007
> x86_64 GNU/Linux
>

> It all just worked out of the box.  No special params, no resetting
> modules, etc.  The ONLY changes I had to make:
> -unmute digital out from mixer
> -enable ac3 and dts passthrough in myth

I am not using dts passthrough. I could try to check ubuntu, I have a
ubuntu cd somewhere at home.

 I tried a kernel from slackware 12.0 cd (2.6.21.5 smp) and also my
kernel, but with the same result.

M.