[mythtv-users] Popping noise when starting recording.

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 04:10:01 UTC 2007

That's your receiver taking a split second too long to identify the

> format of the audio data.  Most likely, sending the right IEC958 status
> bits would fix it.  You can do that with the ALSA configuration file
> (i.e. ~/.asoundrc or /etc/asound.conf).
> Mike

Here is whay my file looks like now.  how can i adjust it to make it

[myth at mythtv ~]$ cat /etc/asound.conf
#Generated by system-config-soundcard
#If you edit this file, don't run system-config-soundcard,
#all your changes here could be lost.
#DEV 0
#defaults.pcm.card 0
#defaults.pcm.device 0