[mythtv-users] /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase - cannot connect to Xserver

Stephen Kitchener stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 16:24:21 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have a strange error, whenever I get cron to run /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase
like this

(Sorry for the line-wrapping, its supposed to be 2 lines....)

35 10 * * * mythtv /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase
> /var/log/mythtv/mythfilldatabase.log 2>&1
45 16 * * * mythtv /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase
> /var/log/mythtv/mythfilldatabase.log 2>&1

As the mythtv user, ie it's in mythtv's crontab I get written

"mythtv: cannot connect to X server" to the log file.

Now - when I run the same command "/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase" from mythtv's
command line when I am logged in as mythtv, the command works.

Can someone please let me know what's going on......

Thanks