[mythtv-users] Harmony 550 Remote

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Sun Sep 23 02:25:15 UTC 2007

Hi all -

My Myth machine resides in a SilverStone LC-14M case.  I have a Harmony
550 remote, which I'm using for the rest of my entertainment system.

The latest incarnation of the Logitech remote configuration software
(Windows; I keep a base XP install on the box for stuff like this) has an
option for the Silverstone Imon cases...so I went ahead and set it up for
this case.  Under Windows, the remote seems to work fine.

Now...my /etc/lircd.conf and /home/mythtv/lircrc files are set up for the
Imon remote that came with the case (which, unfortunately, has sprouted
legs, so I can't test it ATM).  Shouldn't the Harmony remote now work,
since it's emulating the Imon remote?  It's not seeing anything from the
remote (irw doesn't output anything).

Anyone have this setup working?