[mythtv-users] MythTV isn't seeing my IRC events

Jay Mallar jaymallar at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 18:02:51 UTC 2007

I currently have my system configured to use the IR receiver I got with
my PVR-250.  My drivers and lircd all appear to be working.  irw shows
my key presses as expected.

I've spent a few hours now trying to get Myth to see my key presses, and
I'm sort of stumped.

First problem is I don't know where MythTV expects it's files.  Some
FAQs say ~/.mythtv/lircrc, some say ~/.mythtv/.lircrc, some say
~/.lircrc.  I have my file in ~/.mythtv/lircrc and links to it named
~/.mythtv/.lircrc, ~/lircrc and ~/.lircrc.

I've tried compiling mythtv with and without LIRC native support,
neither option seems to make any difference.

I've tried using irxevent.  When I edit my lircrc file and change
program to irxevent, running irxevent shows me every single keystroke I
press.

What am I missing?

* Where does the lircrc file really go? (I'm using mythtv-0.20.2 built
from scratch).
* What is the program string for native IRC support?  "mythtv"?
"mythfrontend"?  Nothing seems to work
* When I run via irxevent, why isn't Myth seeing the events?
* Is there any way to debug what's happening here with the frontend?
Nothing shows up in the system logs.

TIA
Jay