[mythtv-users] British vs. American English (was MythTV requires a better name)

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Fri Sep 21 19:04:04 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:
> David Brodbeck wrote:
>>> How about "stupidity" ?
>> Or maybe "inevitability".  Where I currently live, people seem
>> unfamiliar with the idea that traffic in lanes to the left is
>> supposed to move faster than traffic in lanes in the right.  Flashing
>> your headlights at people like this mostly just seems to tick them off.
>
> You probably live in New York. That's the only place I've observed that
> behavior. People seem to think the right lane is the "beginner's lane"
> and don't want to get caught in it.

Could also be California...they seem to pick their lanes at random.  I used to
flash headlights at slowpokes in the left lane while driving there, but after
seeing a success rate of something considerably less than 50% at getting them
to do the right thing, I just started bobbing and weaving around like they do.
  When in Rome...

   _/_
  / v \ Scott Alfter