[mythtv-users] Blue tint on video preview

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 18:22:15 UTC 2007

On 9/21/07, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:

> > i set it to i686 but here is my ./configure
>
> When I had the problem was when I had set it to i686, so I would suspect
> you do not want that.   What does it auto detect your processor as?
>

> I got a very noticable performance boost by picking the proper CPU which
> for some reason wasn't auto detected on mine.

with out selecting it this is what i get:
[myth at mythtv mythtv]$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-xvmc
--enable-proc-opt --enable-dvb  --enable-libdts --enable-xvmc-opengl
# Basic Settings
Compile type     release
Compiler cache   no
DistCC           no
Install prefix   /usr/local
CPU              x86_32 (model name     : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz)
big-endian       no
MMX enabled      yes
CMOV enabled     yes
CMOV is fast     no

# Input Support
Joystick menu    yes
lirc support     yes
Apple Remote     no
Video4Linux sup. yes
ivtv support     yes
FireWire support yes
DVB support      yes [/usr/include]
DBox2 support    yes
HDHomeRun sup.   yes
IPTV support     yes

# Sound Output Support
OSS support      yes
ALSA support     yes
aRts support     yes
JACK support     no
DTS passthrough  yes

# Video Output Support
x11 support      yes
xrandr support   yes
xv support       yes
XvMC support     yes
XvMC VLD support yes
XvMC pro support no
XvMC OpenGL sup. no
XvMC libs        -lXvMCW
OpenGL video     no
Mac acceleration no
OpenGL vsync     no
DirectFB         no

# Misc Features
Frontend         yes
Backend          yes

# Bindings
bindings_perl    yes

Creating libs/libmyth/mythconfig.h and libs/libmyth/mythconfig.mak

WARNING: When using --enable-proc-opt you must include the
         output of ./configure along with any bug report.

[myth at mythtv mythtv]$

Now i am excited to go mess with myth when i get home from work!  Ill post
the results.

What kind of gains in performance did you get?  Faster video playback?
Faster comm flaggin?  Just wondering and crossing my figures i get more
performance from this....

Thanks,
Mitchell