[mythtv-users] New Guy Says What?

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 14:32:06 UTC 2007

> Issue 1: I can see a picture on all the local digital stations. However,
> video playback is really slow, like 3 to 5 frames per second on HD
> content; 8 to 12 on SD. The CPU is pegged as well, making me think MythTV
> isn't using accelerated playback.

1.7Ghz is going to be pushing it with HD.  You will most likely need to
upgrade.  A better video card (nvidia 5200 or 6200) would help if you
configure XvMC but even then its really close.  I once got HD working on a
Athlon 1800 but just barely and ended up upgraded for a better user
experience

See here for more info:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_HDTV

Issue 2: No sound at all from MythTV but sound works in other
> applications. OpenArena works perfectly.

check you playback settings.  If i remember correctly its in
Setup>Playback>TV playback or something like that.  You may need to
configure you sound to use the right output (OSS, ALSA, Spdif etc.)  Scroll
through the options till you find one that works.

Good luck,
Mitchell