[mythtv-users] PVR-500 not changing channels on remote backend system

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Fri Sep 21 13:13:43 UTC 2007

I have had a remote backend / frontend set up for a few months now but
was only using the remote backend to do commercial flagging.  I recently
decided to add more tuners since the wife has started complaining that
there are never any tuners left to record the shows she wants recorded.
I have installed a PVR500 in the slave backend and when the other two
turners are recording I do hit the tuners on the slave backend but I can
not change channels.  Also when I hit the record button it does not seem
to know what show it is recording and it will show up as two entries in
the recordings list.  Also I do not have mysql running on the slave back
end.  I basically just installed ivtv on the slave backend since
according to Jarod's guide nothing else is required anymore.

Any help on why I can not change channels on the PVR500 MCE in the slave
backend would be appreciated.

Initial setup
2 - PVR150 on master backend / frontend
1 slave backend / frontend  (Mostly playing TV with front end and used
to flag commercials)

New setup
2 - PVR150 on master backend / frontend
1 - PVR500 on slave backend / frontend

Master backend info
IVTV info
[root at mythtv ~]# rpm -qa | grep ivtv

Kernel Info

Slave backend info
[root at mythtv2 etc]# rpm -qa | grep ivtv

Kernel Info

believed to be clean.