[mythtv-users] Help! Tuner card wont add

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Sep 21 00:24:10 UTC 2007

Michael Stephens wrote:
> Its a new install so no capture cards:
> I do the general tab
> then i go to setup a new tuner card->click finish->no new card in the list
> I hit escape to get back to the main setup window.
> I setup my video source for schedules direct.
> I hit finish
> It doesnt list in the list of video sources.

The card is not a video source, those have to be set up separately, than
a source has to be mapped to a capture card input through "input
connections".

There is one "gotcha" with setting up video sources, you have to give
each one a name in the top field, otherwise it comes up a blank.

> I proceed to the input connections and there is nothing there.

But as Tom said, make sure it is selected as a MPEG type capture card,
the default there is a frame-grabber I think.

beww