[mythtv-users] MythTV requires a better name

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 20 01:06:25 UTC 2007

On 09/19/2007 12:08 PM, David Brieck Jr. wrote:
> Similarly for my family, no one knows or cares with MythTV is. My wife
> and I have taken to calling it the "Divo", which of course is Tivo
> replaced with the first letter of my first name. I've got some
> suggestions below:
> Vivo

With an Intel-based system, wouldn't that be Viivo?

For AMD-based, would it then be Live!-o?

Only problem is that both change the pronunciation (but with the new
pronunciation, they both rhyme with each other...).

Though they haven't submitted their own offering, perhaps we could coin
a term to call a Via-based system, "Viavo."  (Though Intel may sue
because it sounds too similar to theirs.)

And, some may find that your spelling/pronunciation is more fun when for
deciding to record a show from NBC at 9:00PM, as they could say they
plan to Vivo Las Vegas.  Though it would get a bit confusing when an
Elvis Presley fan plans to Vivo Viva Las Vegas.

Mike