[mythtv-users] LiveTV and Playback Problem

Dan Mize dan.mize at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 22:06:07 UTC 2007

I'm going through the upgrade process and for the most part things are going
well.
Background info:
Upgrading from mythtv .20 in ubuntu dapper to ubuntu feisty latest version
using an ati 9800 pro for tv out and it worked great before, and seems to be
working great now.
tuner is a hauppage pvr 250

when I goto live tv and when watching previously (from before upgrade or
even after upgrade) recordings the video looks to be a very low resolution
and it even cuts off about 1/2 of the video at the bottom of the tv.
the mythtv screens seem fine (they all fit on the screen), even if I go
watch a video in the video section (divx or a dvd iso) it looks fine on the
screen.  Any ideas would really be great it's been down since sunday night
and the GAF is not looking good now.
So far I'm liking the Schedules Direct and I don't mind paying for it
either.  I just can't watch any tv for the moment.

Thanks,
Dan