[mythtv-users] MythTV requires a better name

Paul Mason latepaul at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 13:55:39 UTC 2007

On 19/09/2007, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/19/07, Paul Mason <latepaul at gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip/>
> > See I "record" TV programs, and have done so for over 20 years. The
> > technology I use has changed - and probably will again. Similarly I
> "hire"
> > movies (though not very often). Talking this way has the advantage that
> > anyone who speaks English can understand me.
>
> what do you 'hire' your movies to do for you?

Acts too unspeakable to mention.

i'm guessing you're on the other side of the pond; on this side we
> 'rent' movies.

I assumed Barry was English given references to Red Dwarf, so I felt free to
use English references myself (hoovering as vacuuming). I wasn't aware of
the rent/hire distinction.

Still, I don't feel particularly bad when American English invents ugly
words like burglarize when a perfectly good word like burgle exists.

;)

:P

--
Paul Mason