[mythtv-users] Running mythfilldatabase

Cottrell, Eric ecottrell at doble.com
Wed Sep 19 03:11:27 UTC 2007

> -----Original Message-----
> From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org 
> [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Michael T. Dean
> Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 11:24 PM
> To: Discussion about mythtv
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Running mythfilldatabase
> Perhaps you two, too, are suffering from the issue that I 
> described in Eric's thread (if so--if the below solutioin 
> fixes the issue for any/all of you), please let me know as I 
> can probably make a case for getting a "fix" into 
> 0.20-fixes).  I'll re-post my answer here since it hasn't yet 
> made it into the archives:
> It sounds like you may be using the "Run mythfilldatabase at 
> time suggested by grabber" but the time that was last 
> suggested (i.e. by a "manual" execution of mythfilldatabase) 
> is not in the window during which mythfilldatabase is allowed 
> to run. To fix it, change the "mythfilldatabase Execution 
> Start/End" times to 0 and 24, respectively.
> In 0.20.2 (and 0.20-fixes), the window is "moved" to a period 
> of a couple of hours around the suggested time by the backend 
> when the backend runs mythfilldatabase. So, if 
> mythfilldatabase is run manually, no one is updating the 
> window and it may or may not line up with the last-updated 
> window. In SVN trunk (and, in 0.21, when it's released), the 
> window isn't changed, rather it's ignored. See 
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/263447#263447 .
> Mike

I found the problem in my case.

I was looking at the housekeeper.cpp code to see if there was a bad
setting for mfdb.  I used the mysql query tool to look at the database
settings.  I looked at the MythFillEnabled entry in the settings table
of the database.  There were three of them.  I noticed there is a
hostname field and the three hostnames for those records are linux,
mythtv, and p28gSuSE.  In looking around the table I noticed some
settings did have scpvr, which is the current name of the host.
p28gSuSE was the old host name under SuSE 9.2.  I inserted a
MythFillEnabled record with data of 1 and hostname of scpvr.  I then
reran the mythfrontend and went through the general settings.  The mfdb
data had not changed.  In several minutes I noticed a log entry for MFDB
and it ran automatically.  So it is working now.

It appears that the problem maybe due to the wrong hostname being used
in the settings.  The multiple hostnames may be confusing the code.  I
did notice some settings have the right hostname.

I am going to check my backup tomorrow to see if the linux hostname was
there.  I changed the hostname after install but before setup so linux
may have been the hostname before scpvr.  The RPM may have run a script
that used the old hostname.  I also want to check what records in the
settings table change when I disable mfdb in the frontend settings menu.

73 Eric

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list