[mythtv-users] koolu frontend

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 18:06:40 UTC 2007

> I'd be curious as to the parameters on the demo-ed video.
>
> > The price is quite good considering it's a 'finished' product. Would
> > anybody care to comment on how this might compare to a similar
> > EPIA-based machine in terms of processing power, etc?
>
> No argument that the price seems good.
>
> Guess somebody just has to be first out on the dance floor (he said
> while checking his bank balance) :-)

I like the price tag (heck, I'm looking at putting together front end only
boxen for my Myth Network).  I'm running all SD at the moment, but I
hesitate because of two points:

1: No TV compatible Video Out...simply a VGA port, which doesn't work for
me.
2: The product in the demo was -wireless-, while the products for sale are
-wired-.  I'm not saying that means it's more powerful or has significantly
different specs, I'm just saying that it -is- a different device, and thus
we don't know, which makes me hesitate.

So...I guess I'm back to designing my own.

--
Doug